Monday 7 April 2014

Practising Black 'N' White Collage

 This is the first practice collage I did in black and white. I stuck some pieces of photocopies over a drawing, then used white and black oil pastel to add tone and contrast. One thing I found was that the white oil pastel did not work properly over the photocopy.
 This is the second practice black and white collage I did. I use full photocopies and oil paint. I used too much black which left it with barely anything showing through.
 This is another practise I did. I used black and white chalk on top of the photocopies. However, just like the oil pastel, the white did not work well on the photocopies.
 This is a try at using oil paint on photocopies. It turned out slightly better than the practice that was done before  although, there is still too much black.
 This is a try at using oil paint and turpentine on photocopies. It turned out slightly better than the practice that was done without turpentine although, there is still too much black.

No comments:

Post a Comment