Monday 10 March 2014

Working In The Style Of My Artist.

This is a piece that I did in the style of my main artist, Yumiko Kayukawa. I used acrylic and ink. I used a photo for reference. I first painted the outline in black acrylic then used red ink to colour the dress however, I went over with acrylic. Then I looked at the artists image I was basing my work on and added the "flames" from my artists image onto my work. I first did it in just acrylic but then realised I needed to add water to make them look like they do in the image. I did this by adding water to the acrylic paint.


This is the second piece I did in the style of my main artist. I used acrylic and ink like the other one and used a photo for the reference. I first did the outline in acrylic and then filled in the clothing with blue ink. Then, after noticing how it did not represent my artist's style, I made the hair on the painting of myself look as though it was turning into waves like the artist had done in the painting I was focusing on.


No comments:

Post a Comment